A website that is built without Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in mind is likely to be invisible to those whom use search engines such as Google. We believe the aim of any website is to bring you new customers via the power of ‘search’ who would not have otherwise landed at your site, that’s why it’s important to have SEO friendly websites.
We therefore only build SEO friendly websites, predominantly using the WordPress framework. This framework has significant advantages over other Content Management Systems (CMS) in that it has a vast number of themes that can be customised to suit your needs, plus it has over 17,000 plugins; this enables the site to do almost anything you want it to do.
We build SEO friendly websites that are indexed and listed in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPS). To achieve this, all sites include:
- HTML text format – search engines can easily analyse html text rather than flash and images.
- XML Sitemaps – all of our client sites include XML sitemaps that are in the root directory of the domain. Plus, when updates to their sites are administered, search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo are automatically updated.
- Flat Site Architecture – we make sure that sites are well organised and intelligently linked, ensuring that users have a positive browsing experience.
- Categories – all of our sites have appropriate categorisation, thus ensuring semantic relationship and topical relevance.
- SEO Friendly URLs – we make sure URLs are descriptive, short, static, keword rich and in lower case.
- Title Tags – title tags are the only ‘meta’ data that influences relevancy and rankings. We ensure that titles are keyword rich, appropriate proximity, 65 characters or less, long tail optimised and if appropriate contain dividers.
- Meta Descriptions – although meta descriptions do not influence rankings, they are vital for SERPS. We always make sure that every page description is unique, accurately describes the page content and if necessary include targeted keywords.
- H1 – H3 tags - header tags do help influence rankings slightly, so we ensure that pages have H1 – H3 tags with keywords included.
- Google Authorship Markup - we ensure that your site has the correct mark-up to ensure Google authorship is achieved. This has significant benefits for search engine rankings.
All projects begin with appropriate ‘keyword research’. Extensive research is undertaken to determine which queries customers use on Google to source the products or services you supply. Once this has been completed, a priority list of 10-16 keyphrases are determined. Remaining keywords are utilised later within the blog.
Website Development and On-page SEO
Your website is designed to your particular needs and desires. The website is scoped out and a draft hierarchical sitemap is formed. Pages are then built and priority keyphrases can then be assigned. Typically the site infrastructure would include pages containing your products or services; contact us; blog; social media contacts, plus any other page requirements.
Facebook, Twitter and Google+ now play a significant factor when it comes to search engine rankings. Google+ in particular, is Googles own social media hub and this needs to be developed to ensure Google authorship is achieved. We ensure that all social media pages are developed in-line with the theme and branding of your new website.
Few people understand the importance of inbound links when developing a website. The inbound links to a website are what determined the order of the SERPS. Those sites with the highest number of quality links will appear higher up the rankings. Without such links, a website will not appear top of the rankings for any competitive keyphrase.
With all new websites, we ensure that some inbound links are sought from high quality sites that are relevant. But more importantly, we teach you and show you the tools needed to ensure that you can continue to build inbound links and achieve top rankings.
Our standard fee to build SEO friendly websites is £500, this includes:
- All of the above
- All updates for the first 12-months
- Domain name if required. A .com or .co.uk domain typically costs £20 bi-annually.
- Hosting – all websites require web hosting. This is charged at £110 per year.
- Ecommerce sites (those that sell products online) are subject to a monthly fee of £30. This replaces the annual hosting fee.